The Crawl Space Journal
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
There are very few journals to submit to as a fantasy writer writing for a Young Adult audience. The Crawl Space Journal is here to fill this gap in the literary world by providing a place to showcase those writers and their stories.
CALLING FOR SUBMISSIONS FROM THOSE WHO WRITE FOR A YOUNG ADULT AUDIENCE
The Crawl Space Journal is now open for submissions! We are accepting poetry and short fiction (1500 words max) for their Spring 2017 issue scheduled to release on the Ides of March: March 15, 2017. We are looking for great writing, especially short forms: poems, prose, and flash fiction, within the realms of magical realism, fabulism, and fantasy. Our readers are mainly between the ages of 11 and 14.
To submit without fee:
• We only accept submissions via submittable
• Include a cover letter with a third person bio.
• We do accept simultaneous submissions, but ask that you let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
• We do not take previously published work at this time.
• You own your work after publishing, but ask that you recognize The Crawl Space Journal in future publications.
• We are not yet a paying journal, but have plans to become one in the future.
• Submissions close on October 31, 2016.
Further questions? Please email us at ThecrawlspacejournalATgmailDOTcom.